Hello Friends. I Haven’t blogged in a really long time and I can give you a hundred reasons why, but not today. Today I wanted to share the recipe for these muffins. They are vegan, refined sugar-free and absolutely delicious.
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 chia seed egg substitute- (1 tbs of chia seeds and 3 tbs of water left to soak for 10 minutes)
- 1tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of all purpose whole grain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350F
Step 2: Combine the first 4 ingredients and mix them well.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them until you get a doughy texture.
Step 4: Add the bananas and mash them into the mixture
Step 5: mix in the applesauce
Step 6: Once everything is mixed together you can add the chocolate chips and fold over.
Step 7: Add mixture to muffin cups about 3/4 of the way and bake in the oven for around 40-60 minutes or until inserting a knife and it comes out clean.
I have also tried this recipe with gluten free all purpose flour and it turned out great.
Let me know if you try and what you think.